Wednesday 28 April 2021

Avoidance coping

 When someone is being hurtful to you, they are the one actually experiencing some kind of hurt.


 So whatever they say is a reflection of what is going on inside of them. It has NOTHING to do with you.


You need to learn to dissociate from that person, knowing that what they say isn't YOUR reality, but theirs.


I for one take things personally and too deeply. I feel like people know the exact thing to do to hurt me.


But now I'm learning to be complete with those hurtful comments and smirks and doubts. Knowing that what they say isn't MY reality.


I am solely responsible for my own feeling. I can only change myself and how I react to those around me. I shall no longer wish people behave differently because that is just wishful thinking.


Today, I learned that I tend to resolve to "avoidance coping" mechanism. And just shut down completely sometimes.


So  the challenge I want to overcome today is to stop withdrawing myself from uncomfortable situation.


Nadhirah

I am perfect just the way I am and I accept my flaws as the beauty of life.


#bringitown

#healingjourney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here