Sunday 6 November 2011

Who I Am - Zain Bhikha lyrics | Video




Social Expectation drowns us all inside

What you have should be what I want
Cos what I have just aint alright
The clothes I wear, the way I comb my hair
How I live, oh I don’t care


This is who I am, this is me
Nothing, everything, can’t you see
Who I am, just let me be
Cos like it or not but God loves me
Who I am


He said, she said, they all did
What’s expected of them all
To get to the top don’t matter 
If somebody’s gotta fall
You gotta brace the storm, the norms to conform
Get what you wants’ gonna kill us all

Beyond the body that you see
There’s so much more to me
And I feel best when my soul is free


They tell me this is the way 
that I need to reformIf I continue to stray, 
I’m gonna start up a storm
Wear this, drive that, like this, not that
Don’t dare lose track or you’ll fall way back
But if my Lord loves me then
I know that I’m free
You can say what you want just let me be
I know if I’m real and it’s not a disguise
You’ll love who I am if you open up your eyes
I insist that you see, I aint a mystery
It’s who I wish to be, this is me
It’s what’s true within, come and look again
Looking through the skin
Who I Am






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here