Thursday 28 September 2017

Friendship hurts too

I still remember Mom said don't be too close to someone. To anyone.

There was a friend of mine. A friend so close I wouldn't trade her for anyone else. We've shared a lot of things even though we were so different. We are so different. 

She is very graceful and gentle. I could never be like that.

When we've said our goodbyes it ripped my soul apart. 

I could barely stand a thought of you without bursting into tears. Or anger. 

Sometimes I questioned how did this go so wrong. I will never know. I still love her. I know I still do. 

Dear friend if only you know how you slipped into my dream every so often. Sharing the warmth of summer and the comfort of laughter. 

It is bizarre that my tears still run hot down my face as I am writing this though it has been a couple of months now. 

I have cried too much and little did I know a friendship can be the source of my agony. 

It was long gone the time when I would touch someone's soul to share our pain and joy. For I fear this broken heart won't survive another storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments here